Jacob Martin Hodge

Jacob Martin Hodge
Jacob says Hello!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

the start

So this is the year my son is born, so this is the year I start a blog. I mean it's obvious why.





Isn't it?

Well, I'm in school for database, web design, etc. and I haven't even started my own blog yet - that just doesn't seem right.

And one day, when blogs are as regular for us as listening to CDs, reading the newspaper, watching TV, etc., my son will be old enough and I want him to be able to come up to me and say "That was an awesome post on your blog, Dad!"

It's funny, I used to want my dad to be proud of me... but now it's my son who I want to be proud of me. There is enough useless information out there (like blogs), I don't want to be yet something else useless for my son (or any of my family).

Will a blog make my son proud of me? No. But it's not about the blog, is it?

It's not about the steps - it's about the walk.

So it's not really about the blog - it's about the blogger.